Sunday, August 12, 2012

Embellished Tank Top

The other day I went to the mall and bought a bunch of plain, boring tank top tops in different colors. Now my goal is to make them fun, unique and not so plain))))

So here is the first one, my favorite.I love the coral color and luckily I had the matching  cotton yarn  and a cute button. 





So I took  7/1.65mm hook and using single crochet stitch  made the foundation row around the neckline.I didn't even have to make holes for it, I just used the thread stitches on the top. 
That's how it looked after I completed the first Row.
Row 2:
{Ch4, 1 treble  in the first single crochet, 1 double crochet  into the next sc, 1 half double crochet  in the next sc, 1sc in the next sc, slip stitch  in the next sc} repeat till the end.

Then I made the flower,and the sew it to the top!

The flower:

Abbreviations:
 Ch- chain
 dc- double crochet
 sc-single crochet
st-stitch


Make the magic loop, Ch1, 15 sc into the ring, tighten and make sl st into the Ch1 space. 


Row 1: ch3(counts as 1 dc), 2 dc in the same sc, 3 dc into each of next 14 sc, sl st into the 3rd of ch ch3 at the beginning of the row.

Row 2: ch3(counts as first dc), 2 dc, into the same dc, 3 dc into each of next 44 dc, sl st into 3rd of ch3 at the beginning of the row.

Row 3: {ch4, sl st into the next dc} repeat till the end.

Finish off and the beautiful flower is ready!!!)))





It was very easy and super fast! I hope it will inspire you to create something unique for yourself!

Have a happy crocheting!

XOXO,

Tanya
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment