Friday, August 10, 2012

Crochet Rose FREE pattern


This Monday Alina has turned a year! It was such an emotional day for me! Before I became a mom, I’ve always been sentimental on my B’day, but this year I didn’t care that much. SHE is the center of my world, I know it sound so cliché but I DO now put her needs before mine. If we go shopping I get so excited when we find a cute outfit, or a toy. Life’s changed and I am still not used to it, but I am trying really hard. And on the days when darkness and emptiness is all around me, when it feels like there is nothing left to give, I just cry a little (or a lot) and remind myself that this too shall pass.

When Alina was about three months old and I was just diagnosed with PPD (the topic of my future post), I came across this amazing, unbelievable article- To the Mother with Only One Child.

The first time I read it I was sobbing for two hours! I saw myself in every single word. I printed it out and put it in my notebook,. Since that time whenever I feel like I am running on empty, I read this article, cry or sob (depending on how exhausted I am) and just keep breathing.


“Dear mother, don’t worry about enjoying your life.  Your life is hard; your life will be hard.  That doesn’t mean you’re doing something wrong—it means you’re doing it right.”


So I let myself to be sad for the past three days)) and thought what was the best medicine? Crocheting, yeap, that's right!

Today I wanted to make a hair clip for Alina, but one thing let to another and now we have a new head band. That's the story of my life- have one idea in mind and at the end creating something completely different! )) Anyway, I made these roses and wanted to share the pattern.


Abbreviations:
 Ch- chain
 dc- double crochet
 sc-single crochet
st-stitch

The open Rose

Chain 73
Row1: ch3, dc in 2nd ch from the hook and in the every st till the end of the foundation chain.

Row2: skip 3 dc sts, 8 dc in the 4th dc st; skip 2 dc sts, sc in 3rd dc
            { skip 2 dc, 8 dc in the 3rd dc; skip 2 dc, sc in the 3rd dc} repeat one more time

            {skip 3 dc sts, 12 dc in the 4th dc; skip 3 dc, sc in the 4th st} repeat 2 more times.

            {skip 4 dc sts, 15 dc in the 5th dc; skip 4 dc, sc in the 5th dc} repeat 2 more times.

Finish off.

That's what it should like.

The cener:

For this part I used different color.

Ch 15.
Row1-2: Ch 1,sc every stitch of the foundation chain.(15)
Row3: Ch3, dc in the 2nd sc stich and in every stitch till the end.

Finish off.



The rosebud:


Ch 30.
Row1-2: Ch 1,sc every stitch of the foundation chain.(30)
Row3: Ch3, dc in the 2nd sc stich and in every stitch till the end.

Finish off.



Then I took the needle with thread and fixed all three pieces in the desired shapes.
the center

the rosebud

I glued the centerpiece to the exterior part of the rose, and also glued pink pearls to the tips of the flowers! Then made two simple leaves and arranged everything together.

I hope it all makes sense!))))

Thanks for visiting  and have a wonderful day!!!

P.S. Next time I will show how to make Caterpillar-Rattle that I made for Alina last week. She gives her kisses- so I guess she approves it!   ))))))))))))))

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment